Beta of D language online tour

André via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 9 10:12:44 PDT 2016

Hi,

After months of hard work (okay exaggerated) I'd like to announce
the beta version of the D language online tour:

http://tour.dlang.io/

Thanks to Seb for providing the subdomain which now points to my
testing server! And of course a big thank you to all
contributors, proof readers and user suggestions in the past
weeks!

* The content in the tour is now complete and contains all topics
I wanted to touch initially
* Code examples can be compiled & run online - errors are shown
graphically
* Layout has been adapted to numerous user suggestions and should
give everyone a nice reading and experimenting experience

My goal would be to get the tour out during this month and have
it open for public before DConf to use the extra attention to
provide something for new users to experiment and play around
with D. So I'd like to ask everyone to have a look at
tour.dlang.io - and post issues, create pull requests & proof
read.

The code is located here:

https://github.com/stonemaster/dlang-tour

The current version is running on a small testing server and I
think we should start discussion on where this should be hosted
for production use.

Thanks & regards,
André