On the origins of github.com/D-Programming-Language

Seb via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 9 12:04:13 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 9 April 2016 at 03:48:27 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 4/8/2016 5:06 PM, Brad Anderson wrote:
>> By "back then" I mean in 2011[1]. The original domain was
>> d-programming-language.org and having the github organization
>> match made sense.
>>
>> http://forum.dlang.org/post/jc0asl$sms$1@digitalmars.com
>
> Right, and the original reason for the long form name was how
> google indexed things.

Okay - so this long name is purely due to historic reasons.
How about we move forward and change it to `d-lang`? So that the
name and domain match again :)
I am happy to push this, contact the Github support and change
links.

Is someone of the core team interested in helping this move?
As mentioned redirects for the repos are automatically created,
so the web page and git automagically continue to work.
We could fix a specific date & time, just in case something goes
wrong.