Compile a shared library

Nafees via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 9 22:34:24 PDT 2016

I am trying to create a shared library, I just tried to compile
the code that Mono-D generates for an empty shared library. I
tried to compile it, but there were errors, and this is what the
compile log said:
<code>
Building Solution: QScr (Debug)

Building: QScr (Debug)
Performing main compilation...
Current dictionary: /home/nafees/Desktop/Projects/QScr/QScr
dmd -debug -gc "myclass.d" "dllmain.d"  "-I/usr/include/dmd"
"-L/IMPLIB:/home/nafees/Desktop/Projects/QScr/QScr/bin/Debug/libQScr.a" "-odobj/Debug" "-of/home/nafees/Desktop/Projects/QScr/QScr/bin/Debug/libQScr.so" -w -vcolumns
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find
/IMPLIB:/home/nafees/Desktop/Projects/QScr/QScr/bin/Debug/libQScr.a: No such file or directory
--- errorlevel 1
Exit code 1
Build complete -- 1 error, 0 warnings

Build: 1 error, 0 warnings
</code>

see, there is that .a file missing, I've no idea what it is. And
I'm using DMD2 on Linux (Ubuntu 14.04). Any ideas how can I
compile it?