Beta of D language online tour

André via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Apr 10 09:43:35 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 9 April 2016 at 20:19:05 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> On Saturday, 9 April 2016 at 17:12:44 UTC, André wrote:
> How do you do the sandboxing?

The sandboxing is done using Docker containers:
https://github.com/stonemaster/dlang-tour-rdmd. It's a simple
container that contains a recent DMD compiler and just runs rdmd
on the user-provided source code. The Docker container is started
with network disabled and a memory limit of 256MB. Additionally
the dlang-tour app kills all containers which takes more than 20
seconds to finish. This solution is quite light-weight and unless
Docker has any significant security issue, should be quite safe.

> I'm always open to hosting D-related projects (assuming the
> requirements are reasonable).

Oh that would be awesome. The current limit is 10 compilations in
parallel, that means for the Docker sandboxes a total ram of
2.5GB is needed. So for a start a server box of 4GB should be
enough for now. But maybe there is some funding available from
the D foundation?

Thanks & regards,
André