On the origins of github.com/D-Programming-Language

Seb via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 12 06:46:04 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 9 April 2016 at 21:44:11 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> I'm willing to go forward with that if there's a swell of
> support for it. But for consistency's sake it should be dlang,
> not d-lang.

Before we start this discussion, we should make sure we actually
can do it.

dlang is used by Daniel Lang, see github.com/dlang

I have written a nice mail to him (you should be cced), hopefully
I hear back from.
Otherwise (because of inactivity), I might be able to talk with
the people from Github (I am already in touch with them).

On Tuesday, 12 April 2016 at 11:46:07 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> Also, I think an owner of the github group needs to be pulling
> the trigger too, so I'm not sure how much we can offload this
> duty to Seb.

Yes, but I can try my best to do all the other work required
(e.g. writing mails to acquire the dlang namespace).