I want this so badly, please implement

cym13 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 13 23:44:56 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 13 April 2016 at 14:47:42 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> On Wednesday, 13 April 2016 at 13:17:57 UTC, cym13 wrote:
>> There's a world between exceptionnaly getting a user password
>> in order to detect and solve a bug through an error message
>> and knowingly logging every single user password, be it only
>> on the legal side.
>
> The latter shouldn't be needed. When you log everything, you
> just write garbage logs, that are impractical to process.

Logging everything is illegal in many countries (for good
reasons) and when I see how easy it is to make sense of a huge
bunch of TCP packets, reverse a binary or even a file format I
sincerely think you are either trollish, naive or misguided when
it comes to logs.

Then again it has little to do with the problem in the first
place: getting better error messages is easy to achieve and would
be a clear gain.