What is Tdummy doing in (may|does)PointTo?

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 14 11:47:41 PDT 2016

https://dlang.org/library/std/exception/may_point_to.html
https://dlang.org/library/std/exception/does_point_to.html

We have an unfortunate pattern in Phobos: things that start out as
simple ideas with nice implementations (in this case pointsTo) slowly
change into complicated artifacts with undocumented rationale. We really
should rein in documentation, not only external but also internal. In
this case I cannot for the life of me figure what Tdummy does, and the
only appearance of the name is in the respective definitions.

Not to mention it uses incorrect spacing ("Tdummy=void", should be
"Tdummy = void") :o).

Andrei