What is Tdummy doing in (may|does)PointTo?

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 14 12:00:25 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 14 April 2016 at 18:56:19 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> I know, but my point is that shouldn't be the way. Rationale
> for why something is there should be in there, not in the
> accumulated history of commit explanations.

I don't disagree with that. But another argument is that finding
out the reason (by deleting it and looking at the error messages)
took me less time than it took you to write this thread.

> Thanks. That's the shared overload. Isn't there a much better
> solution? Why isn't shared handled inside the body along with
> the other cases?

I have not even been aware of this function's existence before
this thread, so I'll let someone else answer that. Perhaps
finding the author is the use case for git blame. (This is one
reason why I think people should be reachable by PR comments even
after PRs are merged, BTW.)