On the origins of github.com/D-Programming-Language

Seb via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 14 13:14:20 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 14 April 2016 at 20:10:30 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> On Thursday, 14 April 2016 at 20:00:14 UTC, Seb wrote:
>> On Thursday, 14 April 2016 at 19:48:37 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
>> wrote:
>>> Aw. How are we doing on that front (contacting Daniel Lang)?
>>
>> No reply :/
>>
>> Maybe someone knows him via LinkedIn and wants to drop him a
>> friendly message?
>> https://www.linkedin.com/in/daniellangnet
>
> 3rd-degree connection, so I have to go through two people to
> reach him. Here goes nothing...

I tried a different way - maybe this works:
https://twitter.com/MrGreenify/status/720705303591972864

(I guess retweeting doesn't hurt ...)

>>> What about API calls? Wouldn't want to break the autotester.
>>
>> Yep even that:
>>
>> https://developer.github.com/changes/2015-04-17-preview-repository-redirects/
>> https://developer.github.com/changes/2015-07-21-automatic-redirects-for-renamed-repositories/
>
> Hopefully our API clients can handle HTTP redirects, then.

If you are worried you can also migrate repowise, but then you
would have to recreate all groups. Alternatively we can create a
dummy account, rename it and see whether the clients continue to
work fine.