Is it me, or the search doesn't work?

w0rp via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 14 16:18:43 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 14 April 2016 at 20:55:24 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> On Thursday, 14 April 2016 at 20:31:11 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
> wrote:
>> What is happening there?
>
> Looking at the code, it appears to be "by design". Pressing the
> Enter key is simply not handled, instead it seems that you are
> expected to type a search term, then click with your mouse on
> one of the completion suggestions.

 From what I can see, there is an input field with name="q" which
is hidden and replaced instead with another input field with no
name, which has the placeholder "API Search". When you press
return, it submits the form with a blank value, because you
aren't typing text into the input field for the search query,
which is hidden.

I don't know what's really intended there, but that's what's
happening.