On the origins of github.com/D-Programming-Language

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 14 17:43:51 PDT 2016

On Friday, 15 April 2016 at 00:39:36 UTC, Brad Roberts wrote:
> On 4/14/16 5:34 PM, Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> On Friday, 15 April 2016 at 00:32:38 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Same here. It's a done deal - let's move to dlang. Thanks to
>>> the donor and Seb who made that happen.
>>>
>>> Vladimir, would you want to be in charge with the moving
>>> process? You choose the tactics,
>>> basically please try to make it as painless as possible.
>>
>> Sure. You'll have to hand me the keys to the empire
>> (organization) first though :)
>>
>> I'll do some tests to make sure all will go as expected.
>
> Don't worry about the auto-tester.  Ideally it'll just work,
> and if it doesn't, it'll be trivial to fix the db to point to
> the new organization names.

Thanks Brad.

I counted the following software (API clients etc.) that relies
on the current URLs:

- The autotester
- My documentation tester
- dlang.org build account
- D-dot-git and consumers (Digger, TrenD)
- Martin's GitHub dlang-bot
- Travis (for the dmd repo)

I'll start with checking whether they can handle HTTP redirects.