On the origins of github.com/D-Programming-Language

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 14 22:03:59 PDT 2016

On Friday, 15 April 2016 at 02:30:44 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 4/14/2016 5:43 PM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
>> [snip]

>> I'll start with checking whether they can handle HTTP
>> redirects.

My results:

>> - The autotester

I checked the repo anyway and found that the userscripts which
integrate the status into the UI will need to be updated. I think
these predate the GitHub test status API, so not sure if anyone
still uses these. Still, made a PR:

https://github.com/braddr/d-tester/pull/48

>> - My documentation tester

This and GHDaemon needed an update to handle redirects. Done and
deployed.

>> - dlang.org build account

Should redirect automatically.

>> - D-dot-git and consumers (Digger, TrenD)

Should redirect automatically. D-dot-git will keep using the old
URLs, as changing them will invalidate all Digger caches
everywhere for a small cosmetic benefit.

>> - Martin's GitHub dlang-bot

Doesn't follow redirects, but doesn't need to because it uses the
URLs from the web hooks :)

>> - Travis (for the dmd repo)

Apparently the redirect will break old links to Travis builds:

https://github.com/travis-ci/travis-ci/issues/2698

Hopefully that shouldn't be too much of an issue.

> My email filters work on "D-Programming-Language" as well :-)

Oh dang. I can't fix THAT. I guess I'll have to give up now :)