On the origins of github.com/D-Programming-Language

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 14 23:11:22 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 14 April 2016 at 19:40:25 UTC, Seb wrote:
> So if we want to move to "d-lang", it is as easy as:
>
> 1) Delete the reserved "d-lang" namespace
> 2) Press on rename at D-Programming-Language
> 3) Recreate D-Programming-Language (and _avoid_ creating repos
> here)

I've done some tests with some dummy organizations and everything
seems to work as expected.

Assuming no objections, I'll do the move tomorrow, around
organizations (dlang -> dlang-backup, D-Programming-Language ->
dlang, dlang-backup -> D-Programming-Language).

Here's a draft of what the old organization URL could look like:

https://github.com/DMoveTest-D-Programming-Language

(The https://github.com/D-Programming-Language page will not be
redirected, but repository subpages will.)