stc.experimental.ndslice -> sci.ndslice

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Apr 17 00:11:17 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 17 April 2016 at 06:10:34 UTC, Ilya Yaroshenko wrote:
> We plan to add a set of numeric packages and this would be real
> pain if they would be one-by-one moved from experimental to
> stable std. So sci.* should be considered as experimental
> during few years.
>

> https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/4207

As I wrote on the PR --

Introducing a new top-level package is a HUGE DEAL. For one
thing, it will break build tools such as rdmd, which know which
top-level packages to exclude from linking (as they'll be in
phobos.lib). For another, it might conflict with users' packages.

We need a very strong reason to do this.

--

Also, what precedent does this set? If we start throwing
image-processing code into Phobos, does that mean we should