stc.experimental.ndslice -> sci.ndslice

Seb via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Apr 17 01:49:53 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 17 April 2016 at 07:35:19 UTC, Ilya Yaroshenko wrote:
> On Sunday, 17 April 2016 at 07:30:38 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
> wrote:
>> On Sunday, 17 April 2016 at 07:25:55 UTC, Ilya Yaroshenko
>> wrote:
>>> sci name was reserved for future use:
>>> http://code.dlang.org/packages/sci
>>
>> What does a Dub package have to do with D module system
>> packages?
>>
>>> The goal is to include only good consistent basic
>>> functionality for data/numeric/math/sci users:
>>>
>>> 1. Tensors - ndslice
>>> 2. Sparse tensors - future ndslice.sparse
>>> 3. FFT - fast & multidimensional & vectorized & pure D
>>> 4. BLAS - fast & multidimensional & vectorized & pure D
>>
>> I don't understand, what's wrong with std.sci or etc.sci?
>
> I am ok with std.sci for example. I just want to exclude dances
> with transaction between stable <->`experimental`. So, if all
> `std.sci` would be marked as experimental during few years this
> would what i want.

I can only agree with Ilya. It's currently a huge pain to develop
something with mir or submit a bug fix, as Ilya has to manually
diff and then send it Phobos.
I think the same should be said about other packages that are in
experimental, but for now mir is the only one with active
development.
If there would be a language solution to this problem - e.g.
1) that it is possible to overwrite modules from the standard
library
2) it is possible to exclude experimental from the standard
library
3) your ideas..

Then we would be even happier :)
It's really a huge deal to us, because it currently wastes a lot
of development time.

Another idea would be to go with std.experimental.sci.*, if that
has a higher consensus.