Better mixin error messages

Bauss via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Apr 17 16:55:29 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 17 April 2016 at 23:10:38 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Sunday, 17 April 2016 at 22:08:55 UTC, Bauss wrote:
>> Like I also said this does not apply to normal mixins but
>> usually very big mixins composited of multiple mixins and
>> template mixins.
>
> Why are your mixins so huge?
>
> But yeah, I would like to see it print the error line and a few
> surrounding lines here. I really wish we could overhaul the
> error system.

My mixins are huge because I generate views, controllers and
models based on data given in the form of my custom mvc templates
similar to how mvc and razor templates work in ASP.NET and thus
it's a long chain of mixins to allow for all the generated
classes and functions to operate together without having to do a
lot of extra stuff.