DlangUI and CL Tools

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 22 04:46:12 PDT 2016

On 04/22/2016 02:34 PM, Chris wrote:
>> Common misconception is that D team has any manpower it can
>> potentially invest into promising projects. It doesn't. Some
>> volunteers are more commited than others but there is no one (not even
>> Andrei or Walter) who can tell others what spend their time one. There
>> are both good and bad consequences from that but it is simply how
>> things work right now.
>>
>> As such, only thing that can attract more manpower to any project
>> (including DLangUI) is for author/maintainer to make it useful for
>> many people and to make it easy and pleasant for them to contribute
>> (see vibe.d case as an example).
>
> We all know that. But we can at least try to keep projects going that
> are promising and important in the long run.

But who are those "we" you refer to? :) Or, to rephrase, do you really
envision a volunteer abandoning any project/task he has current personal
interest in to work on some third-party project (he doesn't need)
because of its strategical value? Call be grumpy and skeptical but
open-source pretty much never works like that. Specifically calls for
arms like yours have been done many times before and always with exactly
0 effective outcome.

I am not saying that you shouldn't call for arms, just don't be
surprised/offended if nothing happens as a result :)