GSoC 2016 - A replacement of std.xml for the Phobos standard library

Lodovico Giaretta via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 23 01:30:32 PDT 2016

Hi,

I'm Lodovico Giaretta and I've been selected by the D Foundation
for GSoC 2016.

First of all, I'd like to thank the D Foundation for this
fantastic opportunity.
In particular, I'd like to thank Craig Dillabaugh and Robert
Schadek for their patience in helping me from my first contacts
till now.
I'll do my best to implement my proposal and make this experience
really unique.

My proposal is available online:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2_hnTCdWtH-eEplQ3hZdnY2Wlk/view?usp=sharing

Also, while writing the proposal, I started implementing some
small components. You can find my efforts here:
https://github.com/lodo1995/experimental.xml
I expect that I'll restart updating it in a couple of days.

This is my first experience at GSoC and also my first
collaboration with a big open source project, so if you have any
suggestion about my proposal or my early implementation, feel
free to tell me.

Thank you very much to everybody.

Lodovico Giaretta