GSoC 2016 - A replacement of std.xml for the Phobos standard library

Lodovico Giaretta via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Apr 24 03:04:50 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 23 April 2016 at 18:49:00 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:
> If you want, you can get more feedback by submitting a work in
> progress PR to Phobos so people can see the development of the
> library and comment on it as you go. This would also allow you
> to test your code with the Phobos CI which has a 10 different
> platforms.

This is a very good idea, but I think I'll not apply it now. In
my opinion, the code is not mature enough to be integrated with
Phobos. I hope that for May 23rd (when GSoC coding phase
officially begins) my repository will have switched from the
"sketch" phase to the "development towards an almost-well-defined
design" phase. In that case, I'll submit a PR, so that the
details of interfaces and implementation can be easily discussed.