Directions to Ibis Hotel in Berlin from Tegel Airport

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 25 07:25:39 PDT 2016

On Monday, 25 April 2016 at 13:51:58 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> On Monday, April 25, 2016 11:16:11 Iain Buclaw via
> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> Germany is a cash-in-hand country.  Credit cards are rejected
>> in most places that I've tried.
>
> LOL. I don't even remember the last time that I paid for
> anything with cash. I normally only have cash for emergencies.
> Oh well. I figured that I was going to have to exchange for
> some Euros just in case, but it sounds like my credit card is
> going to be pretty much useless.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

You should be fine in hotels, restaurants and bigger bars,
though. But _always_ ask beforehand, and in some places there
might be restrictions regarding the minimum amount of money you
have to spend in order to be able to pay with card (roughly
around €10). Since the owner has to pay a fee for credit card
transactions, it doesn't pay to accept cards below a certain
threshold.

Kiosks, small shops and bars might not accept credit cards, which
is true of Europe in general. If a bottle of beer costs €1 at a
kiosk, you will certainly not be able to pay by card. If you
insist, you'll end up being the laughing stock.