So, to print or not to print?

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 25 12:35:04 PDT 2016

https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/3971

Walter and I were talking this morning that there should be a high
barrier of entry for one-liners in Phobos. The "print" function is
technically a one-liner (i.e. writefln with the appropriate format
string). On the other hand, it may be convivial enough to warrant
inclusion, and saves us from embarrassing things such as producing
meaningless output when numbers are printed together.

There's been a bit of churn in the PR comments regarding the utility of
"print", and discussion diverged into other functions such as "dump"
etc. Keeping it on topic: any strong cons and pros regarding the
function? I want to either merge or close the PR and move on.

Thanks,

Andrei