Some questions on latest work

Bienlein via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 25 14:20:04 PDT 2016

Hello,

I've been busy with other things for about a year and would like
to ask some questions to catch up with latest language/library
additions in D. Looking through the change logs simply appeared
to be a bit tedious. My questions might look a bit like asking
pain point questions on purpose, but it's really only about
catching up with the status on some issues:

* There was a problem with the GC leaking memory in some
situations. Is this still the case?

* There was some talk about changing the standard library in a
way that it can be used with the GC and without. My question is
what the current status is concerning this topic.

* RefCounted only used to work with structs. It would be useful
if it worked with classes as well. Is it being considered to work
on this?

Thanks for any answers.
Regards, Bienlein