Some questions on latest work

Bienlein via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 26 05:19:40 PDT 2016

Hi deadalnix,

thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. The issue with
RefCounted and classes appears to be fixed. I found this:
http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP74. I also found evidence on the
Internet that the GC leaking memory is only an issue with 32 bit
machines. Looks like I could have just googled those things.
Didn't expect things to be that easy. Anyway, thanks for
answering.

With regard to Rust I think it is a very well thought out
language also with an ecosystem that is well thought out (e.g.
crates, module system, and other things). But it is for pure
systems programming. I will not enter this area any more in this
life, but do my stuff in Java and have some performance critical
parts in C++. For that purpose modelling power still matters and
I find Rust falls short in this area (which is probably fine for
a pure systems language) whereas C++ and D are very well equipped
for this.

Cheers, Bienlein