So, to print or not to print?

tn via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 26 07:33:42 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 26 April 2016 at 12:52:13 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 04/26/2016 08:18 AM, cym13 wrote:
>> The first questions I expect are "when should I use print and
>> when use
>> writeln?" for they share a common role with common features.
>
> "When you want spaces between arguments and when you don't".
>
> We've been over this. Nobody asks when they should use writef
> over writeln or readf over readln (which also share a common
> role with common features).

Maybe the name of the function should then be "writes" and/or
"writesln" (instead of "print"), so that it can at least be found
from the same place in the documentation as other related
functions. The naming scheme would then also be consistent with
the rest of the write/writef-family. (Here -s stands for
"separated/spaced" just as -f stands for "formatted" etc.)