Directions to Ibis Hotel in Berlin from Tegel Airport

Nemanja Boric via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 26 13:56:40 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 26 April 2016 at 19:21:13 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> It's really not so bad anymore as it used to be. Credit cards
> are accepted in most stores or supermarkets, even "Netto" which
> is a discount-store and which started accepting Visa just last
> year. Other stores like "Real" and "Kaisers" will accept Visa,
> even many small shops will accept it.
>
> Then again the Burger King at Alexanderplatz will for some
> reason *not* accept any credit card, while the McDonalds which
> is ~50 meters away will.
>
> This is assuming you want to eat at those places while you're
> in Berlin, obviously there's great food here that you could try
> rather than go to the familiar fast-food chains.. If you're
> going to go for a döner kebab prepare some cash!
>
> In some cases they might ask you for your ID (e.g. passport).
>
> On 4/26/16, Johannes Pfau via Digitalmars-d
> <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
>> Am Tue, 26 Apr 2016 12:25:41 +0000
>> schrieb Kagamin <spam at here.lot>:

>>> You mean debit cards are accepted? Anyway why credit cards?
>>> Aren't credit money more expensive than debit? The overdraft
>>> limit is just a fixed offset from zero and you pay extra
>>> interest, one could just imagine zero balance at his
>>> preferred offset and keep it there.
>>
>> The girocard (sometimes called EC card) debit card system is
>> accepted at most places:
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girocard IIRC you need a german
>> bank account though to own such a card ;-)

I was today to TXL, so I took some pictures while riding home (I
was sitting on a passenger side).

First, here are the routes for 109 and U7:

https://www.bvg.de/images/content/linienverlaeufe/LinienverlaufBus109.pdf
https://www.bvg.de/images/content/linienverlaeufe/LinienverlaufU7.pdf

This is the U-Bahnhof Jakob-Keiser-Platz:

http://imgur.com/nCBxOho

This is the pink-orange building just before it (I took a picture
when I passed it):

http://imgur.com/zrQw6Fn

In the bus, there's a display showing next station and a voice
(in German, but even I can recognize the name of the station)
telling the name of the next station. It's needed to indicate
that you're going off the bus (this caught me when I was a new
one) which needs to be pressed *before* the bus arrive to the
station (if somebody has pressed it, you'll see red STOP on the
right corner of the display) by pressing one of the green tasters
on the yellow bars. Sorry for the potato quality:

http://imgur.com/gTzEtxh

And *bonus level*. If you didn't get off at U-Bahnhof
Jakob-Keiser-Platz, 15 minutes after, 109 will get to U Bahnhof
Adenauerplatz where you can catch U7 again (just after it turns
right after S-Bahnhof Charlottenburg):

http://imgur.com/0TZWI7P