Some questions on latest work

Bill Hicks via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 27 10:57:55 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 27 April 2016 at 15:28:37 UTC, Meta wrote:
> On Tuesday, 26 April 2016 at 21:49:33 UTC, Bill Hicks wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 26 April 2016 at 02:33:41 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> That's a pretty awesome rant! Bill, could you please email me
>>> your mailing address? I'd be glad to send you a DConf
>>> T-shirt. Thanks! -- Andrei
>>
>> Quitting a well paying job at Facebook to peruse a hobby
>> sounds like something a person going through midlife crisis
>> would do.  You may keep the T-shirt.  I suggest you smoke some
>> DMT (and have a breakthrough), or have a few Ayahuasca
>> sessions.  If that doesn't set you off on a path to the
>> greatest positive impact, then nothing ever will.  Everything
>> you've desired to achieve with D is a construct of your ego,
>> and nothing more.
>
> This is completely over the line. Personal attacks of this
> nature are absolutely unwarranted and unwelcome here.

He started it.

If I get up on a stage with a grin splitting my face and talk
about how great D is, I'm considered a hero.  But if I criticize
D for it's flaws, then I'm a troll or someone who is just
ranting.  Anybody has the right to criticize D, just as people
have the right to praise it.  If D is part of your identity to
the point where you can't stand hearing people criticize it and
then get offended, then you have issues.  Grow up.