[OT] Swift removing minor features to piss me off

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 28 11:49:54 PDT 2016

This is what bouncing the rubble looks like.

1. Swift 3 will no longer allow mutable variables as parameters.
Instead, your parameters will be immutable, or reference (inout). To fix
this, you can assign your immutable variable to a mutable one
(immutability is always head immutability in swift), or put this weird
statement in your function:

var i = i (which you may think causes i to now be mutable, but in
actuality declares a NEW variable to shadow the old).

2. Swift 3 will no longer accept ++. You must write += 1.

Please, D, don't ever do this kind of stuff! I just gained about 45
warnings in my iOS project. Most of the var function parameters were
suggested by the IDE...

-Steve