[OT] Swift removing minor features to piss me off

David Nadlinger via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 28 12:21:48 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 28 April 2016 at 18:49:54 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> Please, D, don't ever do this kind of stuff! I just gained
> about 45 warnings in my iOS project.

… and what? This statement alone is hardly an argument. Both
those warnings are trivial to fix in an automated fashion; in
fact, you pointed out the possible rewrites yourself. Fixing the
warnings and verifying the changes takes way less time than
tracing down and addressing even a simple application bug, yet
the language is substantially cleaner as a result. This is
exactly the sort of changes D needs more of.

  — David