[OT] Swift removing minor features to piss me off

Thiez via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 28 12:32:16 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 28 April 2016 at 18:49:54 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> var i = i (which you may think causes i to now be mutable, but
> in actuality declares a NEW variable to shadow the old).

So how would you tell the difference, and why would you care?

Swift uses LLVM, so everything gets converted to static single
assignment form during compilation anyway: all assignments
"actually" declare a new variable to shadow the old.