[OT] Swift removing minor features to piss me off

Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 28 17:10:23 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 28 April 2016 at 18:53:21 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> grrr... and they removed C-style for statements (i.e. for(;;))

I can understand wanting to remove bad ideas, but 1) removing
something this fundamental to the language and 2) removing
something that not only doesn't lead to bad code and has
technical merits makes this completely baffling and unacceptable.

Looking at the proposal to remove it,
https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0007-remove-c-style-for-loops.md, if you read between the lines it seems the main reason they wanted to remove it was to reduce the need for ++ and --.