Inheritance of mixin

Andrew Benton via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 29 18:06:18 PDT 2016

On Friday, 29 April 2016 at 19:11:24 UTC, tsbockman wrote:
> Rare as in, "effecting only a very small amount of real world
> code" - not as in "effecting only a very small number of
> people".

I'm not sure if actually affects just a small number of real
world cases.  I think that majority of medium to large projects
will want to apply some sort of behavior to multiple hierarchies.

Additionally, any libraries that provide a base class with a
mixin require inheritors to know about that mixin and provide it
in their own code.  It certainly isn't going to happen in every
case, but if the needed functionality is provided by mixins, then
users of the library could have problems.