Why D is not popular enough?

Emre Temelkuran via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 1 08:31:35 PDT 2016

For years, i was travelling along Golang, Rust, Perl, Ruby,
Python, PHP, JScript, JVM Languages.
Lastly Crystal Lang and Nimrod, Julia, Haskell, Swift and many
more that i can't remember.

I'm 24 years old, my first lang was PHP and VBasic then C,C++ and
i first heard about D after 2005 when i was 14-15 years old.

I always ignored D, i prejudiced that D failed, because nobody
were talking about it. I decided to check it yesterday, it has
excellent documentation, i almost covered all aspects. I think D
is much better than the most of the other popular langs. It's
clear as JScript, Swift, Julia and PHP, also it's capable enough
as C,C++. I think D deserves a bigger community.

Why people need NodeJS, Typescript etc, when there is already
better looking lang?
Everyone talking about how ugly is Golang. So why people are
going on it? Performance concerns? Why languages that are not
backed up by huge companies are looking like they failed?