[OT] Music to Program Compilers To

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 3 02:09:38 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 3 August 2016 at 05:05:08 UTC, Kai Nacke wrote:
> On Tuesday, 2 August 2016 at 11:47:16 UTC, Chris wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 2 August 2016 at 05:03:43 UTC, Kai Nacke wrote:

>>> Yeah! :-)
>>>
>>> I started with NWOBHM
>>> (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4bgXH3sJ2Q) but today I
>>> prefer melodic death metal
>>
>> 'melodic death metal' is an oxymoron.
>
> This is the true and the special appeal of this style. :-)
>
>> While thrash metal still had some good bands on could listen
>> to, death metal was the very negation of music from the metal
>> end - just like techno was the very negation of music from the
>> pop/disco end. Both were culs-de-sac.
>>
>>> (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKuoVRoQW8w) or power metal
>>> (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zgkySBTUIw)...
>>
>> Maybe you will like Mustasch from Sweden or Xerosun:
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=xerosun
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkyWWq6pH2o
>
> I know Mustasch but never heard of Xerosum. I'm curious to
> listen...

Ha! Korpiklaani. Maybe you will like Alestorm too (Scottish party
metal). As for power metal you guys might check out Amorphis from
Finland (if you don't know them already). A nice rock band is
Pain of Salvation (e.g. the Road Salt One album, or the song
1979).

Xerosun are based in Dublin, they existed for a while but with
the new singer they're really taking off.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=amorphis
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pain+of+salvation