The Computer Language Benchmarks Game

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 9 00:18:59 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, August 09, 2016 06:27:34 ketmar via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Tuesday, 9 August 2016 at 03:21:37 UTC, Chris Wright wrote:
> > My impression of Go is that it has good production quality.
>
> go is... not a very good language. it doesn't matter how good the
> compiler is if language is... mediocre.

As far as my personal use goes, I certainly agree, but as far as usage by
programmers in general goes, that doesn't seem to be the case at all.
Languages like Javascript and PHP are prime examples. Most everyone thinks
that they're horrible, but they get used heavily. And personally, I'd
definitely label Java as being totally mediocre, but tons of folks use it.
Honestly, if anything, it often seems like it's the worst languages which
get used the most. :(

- Jonathan M Davis