101 BASIC Computer Games - In D?

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 10 04:14:58 PDT 2016

This book is the granddaddy of all the computer game books.

https://archive.org/details/bitsavers_decBooks10Mar75_26006648

They are a bunch of simple text mode games. They're a great way to learn
programming while having some fun.

I've idly thought that it would be a great vehicle for teaching D to kids. (That
is, if any kids these days would have the remotest interest in a text mode
game.) It's sometimes surprising to me how compact these games are that still do
something clever.

Note that the listings have been OCR'd (in the downloadable PDF), which would
make them a lot easier to cut/paste the code into an editor then translate away.