D Github contributors - enable 2 factor authentification

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 11 07:34:12 PDT 2016

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 12:59:11AM -0700, Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> There's also nothing private in the dlang repository, but a malicious
> person could just delete everything and it would be a major problem
> for us to recover from that.
[...]

Thankfully, it's not that bad thanks to git. Everyone who has a local
clone of the dlang repo would have a copy of the code (complete with the
history too!).  It would be troublesome to recover from it, but not
impossible, and definitely easier than other revision control systems
where you may potentially have to reconstruct the repo from scratch.

We *would* lose PRs and the discussions attached to them, though. That
would be unfortunate, though not fatal. It might even give us a clean
slate in the PR queue, which could be construed to be a good thing! ;-)
The PR submitters would still have their code intact in their local
repo, so no actual code would be lost.

My program has no bugs! Only undocumented features...