D Github contributors - enable 2 factor authentification

Jesse Phillips via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 11 11:28:17 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 11 August 2016 at 07:54:48 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> I would expect the lockout issue to come from issues with your
> phone. I almost got locked out by my domain registrar
> previously, because I changed phone providers, and stupidly,
> that meant that I couldn't get the SMS messages anymore - even
> though my phone number hadn't changed.

Google and Steam do this well by marking specific machines as
"private." This removes the need for two factor auth for that
machine, but ultimately you want 2FA required for those who don't
have physical access anyway.

Github has been a little annoying since I can't do that, and Fido
U2F is only supported by Chrome and I prefer firefox.