D Github contributors - enable 2 factor authentification

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 11 11:44:11 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 11 August 2016 at 18:34:30 UTC, Jesse Phillips wrote:
> Don't use your phone, I don't. Use the App and/or hardware, no
> need to give out personal information.

i'm not using smartphones at all, so no "apps". besides, without
sending auth request by some other channel than internet i can't
see any value in 2fa at all: how is that different from simply
using my ssh key and encrypted internet channel?

tbh, i never seen any sense in all that "password" stuff at all.
we have asymmetric cryptography, why we still using passwords and
"email password resets"?