Why D is not popular enough?

Kagamin via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 12 09:38:23 PDT 2016

On Friday, 12 August 2016 at 15:43:54 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> All kidding aside, shared is pretty broken currently. If you
> want to know how it was *supposed* to work, you can read TDPL,
> though I'm not sure that's still valid.

Ah, was it Andrei, who tried to sell the idea that shared is a
silver bullet for concurrency problems? That can explain why we
have two different views on shared. Looks like a repetition of
the story with autodecoding (with similar rationale).