DIP1000: Scoped Pointers (Discussion)

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 13 00:25:25 PDT 2016

On Friday, 12 August 2016 at 12:29:21 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 8/12/16 6:12 AM, deadalnix wrote:
>> To be honest I'm to a point were I'm starting withdrawing from
>> these
>> conversation because I have no idea how to reach to you guys.
>
> You committed to author a proposal a few months back. Did you
> make progress on that? -- Andrei

The comment I made in 2014 on this very DIP came with a proposal
of what to change in it (namely, computing lifetime differently
for r and l values, as to get the lowest possible lifetime when
reading and the largest possible one when writing).

You have the detail in your inbox for close to 2 years now.