[OT] The coolest (literally) desktop machine I've ever had

Guillaume Chatelet via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 13 02:57:54 PDT 2016

On Friday, 12 August 2016 at 19:13:12 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> I was using a large Lenovo Y70-70 laptop as a pseudo-desktop
> machine and additional monitor. It's quite powerful, but its
> fans would run at all times. Getting really tired of that, I
> googled for the better part of an afternoon for "fanless
> desktop" and it turns out it's much harder to find one than I'd
> initially thought. (Slow fanless machines are easy to find, but
> I was looking for one as powerful as any desktop.)
>
> [...]

Also Puget System makes some pretty awesome machines - not
fanless but still absolutely quiet.
https://www.pugetsystems.com/serenity.php

They don't ship to France but they give the parts references so I
basically built one myself. I'm really happy about it. It's on
24/7 in my bedroom and I can't ear it while sleeping.