[OT] The coolest (literally) desktop machine I've ever had

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 13 05:37:55 PDT 2016

On Friday, 12 August 2016 at 19:13:12 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> googled for the better part of an afternoon for "fanless
> desktop" and it turns out it's much harder to find one than I'd

Quiet doesn't necessarily mean fanless. I have a Corsair H100i
with Noctua fans, and you can barely tell it's on.

> I've put Linux Mint on it (which is what they recommend)

Friends don't let friends use Linux Mint:

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/4v116g/can_we_stop_recommending_linux_mint/

https://lwn.net/Articles/676664/

Not mentioned above: Linux Mint's upgrade policy is "format and
reinstall". Their update policy is also "If it ain't broke, don't
try to fix it". No wonder they have internal security issues.