Official press releases from the D Language Foundation

Seb via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 13 06:40:28 PDT 2016

After ldc and dub both got their first stable release this year
and we now have a beautiful tour for beginners, it's time for
making more noise about D.

In this thread [1] it was suggested to send press releases from
the D Foundation to (major) IT press. I think that's a great idea
and we should explore how feasible it is to do this a couple of
times a year. After the media has still a huge impact on us all -
here are two quotes:

 From [1]:

> I got my first hint to D via this announcement of
D compiling with D:
http://www.heise.de/developer/meldung/Programmiersprache-D-Compiler-ist-jetzt-selbst-in-D-geschrieben-2869589.html

 From the recent D blog article [2]:

> Rainer Schuetze first discovered D shortly after work on D2
> began.
It must have been an article in the German c’t magazine (maybe
this one [3]) that brought my attention to the D language

I think we could setup a simple process that requires sign-off by
either Walter or Andrei (Present and Vice-President of the D
Foundation).
Has anyone here already experience/affiliation in collaborating
with the IT press?

FWIW I talked with Mike a bit about this [4] and we could have a
special category in the D blog ;-)

Cheers,

Seb

[1]