[OT] The coolest (literally) desktop machine I've ever had

Wild via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 13 08:13:04 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 13 August 2016 at 14:54:10 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Also, I like Cinnamon. (Tried Gnome, the new KDE, Mate and
> XFCE, don't like them.) Is Cinnamon available on other distros?
> -- Andrei

Cinnamon exist on most distros, just that you need to install it
manually from their package manager.

Here is a list of all distos that have cinnamon as default:
http://distrowatch.com/search.php?desktop=Cinnamon

I would probably recommend https://antergos.com/ because it is
rolling-release and it uses the ArchLinux repositories, so you
will always have the latest version of software (after it has
been tested for about a month).
It also has a GUI installer which configures everything for you
so you don't need to configure everything like you need to do
with ArchLinux.

If you want something super stable I would recommend Debian.

It is all depends on how you want your computer to be configured.