Fact checking for my talk

Chris Wright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 13 10:19:42 PDT 2016

On Sat, 13 Aug 2016 16:19:08 +0000, Ethan Watson wrote:

> On Saturday, 13 August 2016 at 15:51:18 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> What is "Deep function inspection"?
>
> In the context of my talk, a collection of methods to inspect all
> function traits including parameter types and defaults etc. C++ can do
> type inspection. I believe Swift has something like Objective C does but
> I did not find concrete info on it. No idea about Rust.

C# can do this. Check System.Reflection.MethodInfo and
System.Reflection.ParameterInfo.

ParameterInfo has properties Attributes, CustomAttributes, ParameterType,
and DefaultValue that you can inspect. (Attributes are for things like
out and ref parameters; CustomAttributes are for [UserDefinedAttributes].)