Fact checking for my talk

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 13 12:34:42 PDT 2016

On 8/13/2016 9:19 AM, Ethan Watson wrote:
> I believe Swift has something like Objective C does but I did not find concrete
> info on it. No idea about Rust.

It's risky to compare with languages you aren't strongly familiar with. All it
takes is one mistake and one audience member who knows more than you about it,
and it can seriously derail and damage the entire presentation.

I recommend sticking with describing the unique D features, and let the audience
members who know other languages draw their own comparisons.