D lang for android development

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 14 16:29:27 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 14 August 2016 at 17:19:17 UTC, eugene wrote:
> Hello, everyone,
> did you try to write apps in D for android?
> Is it ok currently to write in D for android or there are
> issues or something?

In addition to the links Seb gave you, check out these sample
apps I ported that show how to call D functions using JNI:

https://github.com/joakim-noah/android/commit/111e9f66290b011ce5c6e2d9e928e4e5da6f1b70

I'm writing reggae files to make building those sample apps easy
and debugging the Teapot sample app from the NDK now. Once that's
done, I'll post an announcement about ldc support for Android
going beta.