Why D is not popular enough?

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 14 20:40:27 PDT 2016

On Sunday, August 14, 2016 14:35:49 Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> On 8/14/16 2:03 PM, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> >>
> >> Which rule?
> >
> > The rule that says "ubyte + ubyte = uint".
>
> That will not happen. It would break tons of code in subtle ways. You
> are a competent engineer so you know better than asking for it.

No offense, but that comes across as pretty condescending. I agree that
changing the integer promotion rules would be very risky, but that's the
sort of response that seems more likely to offend than to educate or
convince.

- Jonathan M Davis