Code signing to help with Windows virus false positives

Basile B. via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 15 13:43:59 PDT 2016

On Monday, 15 August 2016 at 20:07:30 UTC, Seb wrote:
> On Monday, 15 August 2016 at 19:58:14 UTC, Brad Anderson wrote:
>> At work we added class 3 code signing and it helped quite a
>> bit with McAfee's warnings about our software for end users.
>> In that case it was warnings about new releases of our
>> software that hadn't had many installs yet.
>>
>> Microsoft isn't selling certificates (though it'd be nice if
>> they offered them like Apple does although with Apple you have
>> to get a DUNS number which I'm sure you consider a scam as
>> well).
>>
>> Please share your suggestions for how to help with the false
>> positive issue (or just continue laughing in ignorance based
>> on an assumption of something I never said).
>
> Unfortunately until Walter agrees to introduce some moderation
> around here, you need to ignore the trolls - they feed from
> negative energy (OT:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMEe7JqBgvg).
>
> I think it's a great idea & you should definitely get in touch
> with the Martin Nowak!

It's not trolling (unless you define trolling as "everything that
goes againt my position"), I just exposed my arguments. I'm
afraid to see people overreacting in front of a minor and
temporary problem. It seems that 3 or 4 posts are considered
enough to act but you (the "pro-certificate-ppl") do not try to
see why 3 or 4 posts could be "not enough"), i.e you are biased.
You are about to act just because of what's happening right now.