Code signing to help with Windows virus false positives

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 15 16:58:01 PDT 2016

On Monday, 15 August 2016 at 20:43:59 UTC, Basile B. wrote:

> It's not trolling (unless you define trolling as "everything
> that goes againt my position"), I just exposed my arguments.
> I'm afraid to see people overreacting in front of a minor and
> temporary problem. It seems that 3 or 4 posts are considered
> enough to act but you (the "pro-certificate-ppl") do not try to
> see why 3 or 4 posts could be "not enough"), i.e you are
> biased. You are about to act just because of what's happening
> right now.

Is there some threshold for a bug report to be considered
actionable? Aside from that, given that a small percentage of D
users actually post in the forums, four posts on the same issue
is something that ought to be taken as a problem. There's no way
to know how many have encountered it and just decided to go
elsewhere. It's not about being "pro-certificate", but about
solving a problem that's potentially damaging to the perception
of D.